BKin students in Year 3 of their undergraduate program have the opportunity to gain early conditional graduate admission on a competitive basis to the Master of Teaching (MT) program from the Ontario Institute for Studies in Education (OISE). Students who successfully complete their Combined Degree Program, will have earned two University of Toronto degrees (i.e. BKin and MT), and be recommended to the Ontario College of Teachers for a Certificate of Qualification, which certifies them to teach in Ontario schools.
If you are interested in applying for September 2021 admission, please contact Francine Zucco to schedule an appointment. If you are a student in Year 1 or 2 and wish to learn more about this program and how to prepare for application, please contact the KPE Registrar's Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline to declare your interest and intent to apply to this program is November 27, 2020. Earlier submissions are encouraged.
- Currently enrolled in Year 3 of BKin degree
- Have obtained a minimum annual GPA of B+ in Year 2
- Be on track to complete the prerequisites for two teachable subjects
- Statement of Intent
- Two reference letters (one educational, one professional)
- Transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended