What do you get as a Sport & Rec member?
A Sport & Rec membership gives you access to multiple facilities and programs:
- Access to the Athletic Centre, Goldring Centre for High Performance Sport, and Varsity Centre facilities and programming during building hours
- Lane swims at the Athletic Centre’s two pools (50m and 25yd)
- Access to open gym equipment of all kinds across the Goldring Centre’s Strength & Conditioning Centre and the Athletic Centre's Bruce Kidd Fieldhouse, Strength & Conditioning Centre, and Weightlifting Zone
- Heart-pumping group fitness workouts like barre, yoga, and cardio dance party (Virtual Fitness Studio option available too)
- Over 14 different drop-in sports (free play), such as basketball, squash, badminton, driving range golf, and soccer
- Variety of registered instructional classes for adults (additional fees may apply), like tennis, gymnastics, skating, boxing, swimming, and more!
- No annual fees or initiation fees!
*Additional fees may apply **Seasonal programming
Fall Membership Updates:
- Pro-rated Fall Term Memberships (Sep 1 to Dec 31, 2022) for the following member eligibility categories - 1st/2nd Year Alumni, Seniors 65+, Student-Plus, Alumni, Staff/Faculty, U of T Affiliates, Post Doc, and Co-resident - will no longer be for sale after Fri. Nov. 18, 2022. Other membership offerings will be available to purchase including 1-Day Pass, 1-Month (30 days), Academic Year, and Academic Year + Summer.
- Pro-rated Fall Term Memberships (Sep 1 to Dec 31, 2022) for the following member eligibility categories - Community 18+ - will no longer be for sale after Fri. Nov. 25, 2022. Other membership offerings will be available to purchase including 1-Day Pass, 1-Month (30 days), Academic Year, and Academic Year + Summer.
- Pro-rated Academic Year Memberships (Sep 1 to Apr 30, 2022) for all of the member eligibility categories will no longer be for sale after Wed. Nov. 30, 2022. Other membership offerings will be available to purchase including 1-Day Pass, 1-Month (30 days), and Academic Year + Summer.
|Member Eligibility Pricing & Access Periods||1-Day Pass||1-Month (30 days)||1 Term (Starting each Sep, Jan, May semester)*||Academic Year (Sep 1, 2022 to Apr 30, 2023)*||Academic Year + Summer (Sep 1, 2022 to Aug 31, 2023)*|
|1st/2nd Year Alumni, Seniors 65+, Student-Plus||$19.88 + HST||$111.29 + HST||$244.02 + HST||$420.65 + HST||$612.60 + HST|
|Alumni, Staff/ Faculty, U of T Affiliates, Post Doc, Co-resident||$19.88 + HST||$111.29 + HST||$284.86 + HST||$527.86 + HST||$760.65 + HST|
|Community 18+||$19.88 + HST||$111.29 + HST||$376.75 + HST||$690.20 + HST||
$944.43 + HST
*Total fee adjusted at a daily pro-rated fee
Check out our Student & Member Code of Conduct for our policies on accessing and using our facilities here.
Individuals 18 years or older with government issued photo ID.
1st & 2nd Year U of T Alumni
Those who have graduated from a U of T undergraduate or graduate program within the past 2 years. Individuals yet to graduate can present a recently dated letter on faculty or department letterhead confirming completion of requirements to graduate and expected date of convocation.
Student Plus (in-person only)
Students 18 years of age or older must present a student card with an issued date within one year or a valid future expiry date printed on the card from a Universities Canada member school or publicly funded university/college OR valid ISIC (International Student Identity Card) at the time of purchase.
U of T Alumni
U of T students who have graduated from an undergraduate or graduate program or who have completed a minimum of 4 undergraduate credits or one year of graduate school. A status inquiry completed by the AC or GC main office may be required.
U of T Staff and Faculty
Current appointed U of T staff and faculty.
U of T Staff Affiliate (in-person only)
Staff of the University Health Network, U of T Affiliated Teaching Hospitals, CAMH, Jane Goodall Institute, Royal Ontario Museum, and U of T Medical Residents are eligible for this discounted membership. Available in person only; recently dated valid Letter of Employment must be presented at time of purchase.
Post Doc (in-person only)
Post-docs must present a recently dated letter on faculty or department letterhead indicating post doctoral status. Offer or Acceptance of Employment letters are valid.
Co-residents (in-person only)
Available to those 18 years or older who live with a current member. Both individuals must provide proof of residency. We accept valid drivers licenses, recently dated utility bills, paper bank statements, and government issued mail. Both the member and co-resident must be present at time of purchase.
Photo ID must be presented with birth date on the card.
Joint Memberships have been reinstated as of April 1, 2022. Memberships will enable U of T staff and faculty to access all available services, with no usage charges save for applicable class or registered program fees. If you have any questions or would like to join the Joint Membership Plan, please contact your Divisional HR Office.
How to Purchase your Membership
REMINDER: All U of T students who have paid KPE athletic incidental fees for the term are automatically members of the Athletic Centre, Goldring Centre for High Performance Sport, and Varsity Centre. This includes part-time and full-time undergraduate and graduate students.
Sport & Rec Memberships can be purchased in-person at the Athletic Centre, Goldring Centre for High Performance Sport and Varsity Centre and online on the Sport & Recreation Online Portal > Memberships > Sport & Rec Membership.
Upon your first visit, please pick up your membership card at the Athletic Centre, Goldring Centre for High Performance Sport, or Varsity Centre.
All membership cancellation requests, including a reason for the request, must be received in writing to email@example.com.
Within 10 days
Full refunds are given upon cancellation of memberships within 10 days of the purchase date.
After 10 days
A pro-rated refund will be provided from the date of the email request minus a $22.12 + HST administrative fee. To request a refund for an earlier period, valid medical documentations must be provided listing the date of illness/injury.
Contact us at 416-978-3436 and press "0" to speak with a customer experience representative or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.