Forms & Policies


No forms available at the current moment.


a. Inclement weather: On days where there is questions concerning the status of play teams must still show up for their game where the Game Manager will make the judgement call on the field pf play utilizing our approved weather policy. 


b. University closure: All intramural games will be cancelled and or postponed in the event there is a university wide closure. The intramural office will make every effort to reschedule games but this is not guaranteed. Team Captains will be notified via email, phone and IMLeagues of any such closures. 


This important handbook houses the details of our governing policies, fair play and intramural program structure, eligibility, sport committees, and playoff regulations. 



 1. In order to be eligible to participate in Intramural activities a participant must: a) Have paid the University of Toronto Athletic Centre membership fee. b) Be registered on the official team list for each team for which he/she plays. In addition, student participants must be a registered student in actual attendance proceeding to a degree or diploma. See page 15 for further details re: staff, faculty and alumni. Having signed the player registration form signifies compliance with eligibility rules and agreement with the Participant's Consent Form.

2. Affiliation - A participant in Div. I or II may compete only for those units with which he/she is affiliated. Affiliation is defined as registered or resident in the particular College, Faculty or recognized group.

3. Multiple Affiliations - A student who is affiliated with more than one College, Faculty or recognized group (e.g. residence) may compete for any one of those units in each Intramural Sport as long as they have paid the unit's activity fees for that year. Students who are eligible to play for teams in different Colleges, Faculties or recognized groups, will be bound in that sport for the season only to the College, Faculty or recognized group for which they first appear.

4. Change of Affiliation - Students who change their affiliation status (i.e. change college/faculty) will be allowed to continue to play for their previous competitive unit provided that such participation is not broken by a switch to playing for the new unit. In the case of serious illness or injury, permission to continue such affiliation may be granted by the Secretary of the appropriate Intramural Sports Committee.

5. Varsity Players

a) In most activities a student who is deemed a current member of an Intercollegiate team is not eligible for Intramural play in that sport. Refer to the individual sport exceptions in the Sport Rules, and note program regulations identified in the Handbook. An intercollegiate practice squad player may play intramurals until he/she plays in three (3) Varsity Blues games.

b) As a minimum criterion former intercollegiate athletes must play in the highest division entry (in their sport competed at Intercollegiate level) sponsored by their unit of affiliation.

c) In Innertube Water Polo, special regulations are in force to permit limited number of current Intercollegiate team members to play for Intramural teams. For details inquire at the Intramural Office.

d) In Rugby, Division I teams shall be allowed to dress a maximum of two (2) varsity players for each game. Division II teams shall be allowed to dress a maximum of one (1) varsity player for each game.

6. One Team per Sport - A participant may only play on one team and/or division per sport regardless of level, be it in Men's or Women's competition or Coed programs. Participation shall be defined as having his/her name appear on the game sheet. Further, eligible students may play in either the Men's or the Women's program as well as the Coed Program. Exception: Male participants may apply to the Women's I.S.C. if they wish to play in a Women's sport (league or tournament). Also, female ice hockey players may play in both the men’s and women’s leagues.

7. Transferring Teams - In order that a participant may have the opportunity to play with a team suitable to his/her ability a player may transfer teams under certain specific rules and procedures.

a) Players may play a maximum of one game per year per sport at a higher level, but reserve the right to move down to a lower skill level until he/she has played a second game at the higher level. This is subject to Eligibility Rule #2 Affiliation. If any question arises, check with the Intramural Office Staff.

b) Players may be brought up, subject to the one game restriction, at anytime during the season. Eligibility for playoff rules still apply. Official transfer forms must be filed as per current rules and emergency replacement regulations remain in force. No other transfers of temporary replacements are allowed.

c) Female participants may play one game per year per sport in a men’s division.

8. Players Pool for "Free Agents" - Players who are affiliated with a College, Faculty or recognized group, which does not enter a team in a particular sport, may apply for inclusion in a player's pool to be assigned to a team on the basis of need. Applications are available at the Intramural Office.

9. Playoff Eligibility - In order to be eligible for participation in playoff competition each player must play a specific number of regular season games. A player must qualify under one of the following regulations:

a) A player must appear on the game report for one-third of the regular league schedule where the schedule consists of more than six games (the minimum acceptable is three games) and for one-half where the schedule consists of six games or less. Note: This rule does not apply to sub-goaltenders in hockey and lacrosse. In the cases of soccer and field hockey, sub-goaltenders must play in at least one regular season game to be eligible for the playoffs. In all cases the sub-goaltender may appear in the playoffs only for the team with which he/she is registered.

b) A player who, through injury, does not qualify under item #1 may, on application, be made eligible through a ruling of the Secretary of the Intramural Sports Committee. Acceptable medical proof of injury as provided by the University Health Services must be presented to support each such application.

10. Sign In On The Game Sheet - All participants in the Intramural Program must sign their name and list their membership or student number on the game sheet, and show their membership or student card to identify themselves. A player who is missing his/her T card/membership card may obtain a temporary pass from the KPE membership services office and show that, along with photo identification, and be allowed to play. A player may do this a maximum of three times per academic year.

11. Unclear Eligibility - If a student is unclear about eligibility or has questions, please contact the intramural office. The office staff will be happy to sort any out any situations with the student.

12. Suspended Players - Individuals who have been suspended from participation in the Intramural Sports Program as a result of Fighting (as per B, #4 Guidelines for Discipline of Individuals page) and who have served their suspension, may appeal to the respective Intramural Sports Committee for consideration of waiving the playoff eligibility requirements in that Sport.

13. Independent Teams – Independent teams generally enter leagues in the Open Division. At that level, the team may be composed of players from any number of different units (i.e. in the Open Division, a player is not bound to play for her/his unit of affiliation).

14. Professional Players - Any professional player, regardless of whether he/she has been reinstated as an amateur shall be ineligible to participate in the sport in which he/she participated professionally. For purposes of this section a "professional player is one who receives any kind of payment, directly or indirectly for participation except as permitted by governing rules of Canadian Interuniversity Sport."

* Notwithstanding the above eligibility restrictions, a student has the right of appeal to the Intramural Sports Committee.

Bond Refunds

Reimbursement of bonds will be made after the completion of the intramural season (Fall - December; Winter - April; Summer - August) and will be calculated based on default or forfeit infractions. Refunds are credited to the same account used for payment. Cash refunds over $20.00 are made by cheque. Cheque refunds require 4-6 weeks for processing and will be mailed on file. If you have not received your reimbursement in the time frame specified above please contact the intramural office at or 416-978-6511.

Stay Connected

Follow U of T Intramurals on Instagram!


Learn More

Join Intramurals

Intramural Sports Rep Listing

Leagues & Tournaments

Forms & Policies

Contact Us