This application guide applies to both KPE355 and KPE455.
Deadline May 6 at 12 PM
NOTE: Applications are not processed until the deadline, so take your time thinking through your application.
2. Carefully review the in-field learning placements offered
- Review location and hours to ensure you will be able to commute to the placement.
- Review the organizations answers to the accessibility questions*
- Think about why you are applying for an in-field learning placement.
- Are you interested in exploring a new field?
- Are there skills you would like to develop?
- Think about how the various learning objectives within each opportunity can support your goals.
*If you will require accommodations during placement, please ensure you are registered with Accessibility Services. Once you have a letter outlining your accommodations, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, who will support you in determining which opportunities would be a good fit.
3. Make use of resources to strengthen your application
Your resume will be the first impression a potential mentor has of you. Investing time to strengthen it will enhance the opportunities you are offered. Here are some resources to support you:
- Resume workshops, drop-ins and mock interviews through KPE Student Services and/or the Career Centre
- Access Lynda on-line tutorials with your UTORid
- Use online tools such as Zety to help format your resume
4. Submit your rankings, resume, and application
- DEADLINE is May 6, 2019 at 12PM.
- You are able to update your rankings and application as often as you would like prior to this date.
- Early applications are not given priority, all applications submitted by the deadline are processed equally.
5. Reach out to all mentors you have been matched with to set up an interview
- Matches will be announced on May 13, 2019 to both students and mentors.
- It is your responsibility to reach out to every mentor you are matched with to set up an interview. Submitting an application signifies a meaningful commitment to the community partners that you have ranked, which requires your follow-through.
6. Complete interview(s) and indicate your post-interview interest on the placement system
- Students and mentors are both required to indicate yes or no on the application system after the completion of each interview. Rankings must be entered on the application system by May 29, 2019.
7. If unmatched after completing round one, proceed to round two of matching
It is possible that you may not be matched following the first application round. If this happens, you are able to rank your top 5 choices out of the spaces that are still available. Round two of matching is only open to those who were unmatched in round one.
Round two ranking deadline: TBD
Round two post-interview decisions deadline: TBD
8. Sign the student/mentor agreement form
- Once matched, you and your mentor are both required to review the student-mentor agreement form on the application system, and check the box indicating agreement.
9. Enrolment in KPE355Y or KPE455Y
- After you have been matched and completed the above steps, you will be automatically enrolled in KPE355Y1 or KPE455Y1 on ROSI by the Registrar's Office. Enrollment in KPE455Y1 is only available to students who have successfully completed KPE355Y1.