Placement Hours (600)
The MPK provides unparalleled learning environments for hands-on practice, working alongside leading experts and practitioners on campus and across the GTA.
Practice is deliberately structured and grounded in experiential learning theory.
Students will engage in 600 hours of professional, structured experience across three placements:
- Placement 1: KPE Structured Experiential Learning Opportunity (September to March)
- Placement 2: Community Partner Placement (April to May)
- Placement 3: Community Partner Placement (June to July)
What Areas of Practice are Offered?
- High Performance Sport: Promoting healthy high performance through assessment and movement adaptation with elite athletes
- Children & Youth: Advocating for and adapting physical activity programming to children and youth with diverse abilities
- Chronic Disease & Mental Health: Using physical activity and exercise to enhance health and wellness across the lifespan in persons with chronic disease
- Musculoskeletal Health & Concussion: Injury prevention and maintenance in and through movement to enable health and wellness across a range of populations (e.g. athletic, elderly, occupational)